Toronto Star >> Of all the bailouts bequeathed to Canadian companies, there is one of which few people are aware. It’s being considered in the recesses of Queen’s Park, and would come in the form of new automobile insurance legislation. The Financial Services Commission of Ontario, which regulates the auto insurance industry, conducted a comprehensive review that will affect drivers and passengers all over the province. Of FSCO’s 39 recommendations, one... Read More
A Watchful Eye
Global Newsbeat covers and critiques world news, with an eye on human rights and wrongs. The brand new site by journalist and writer Kyle G. Brown steps onto a stage where fast-moving events and dodgy decisions often escape honest, probing analysis. This is where we take the time to ask: Why did they do that?
Online and On Air
Global Newsbeat features reports and documentaries by freelance journalist and pugilistic polemicist Kyle G. Brown. They have aired on Canadian, US and UK airwaves and appeared in newspapers and magazines. Feel free to email your comments, leads and ideas. Global Newsbeat is often on the move. Currently: PARIS, FRANCE.
- Vamos! Radical approach to learning Spanish in Mexico
- Could France’s empty buildings ease its homeless crisis?
- It’s not just guns that kill…it’s Inequality
- Former French Colony Marks Break with Brutal Past
- A Glimpse of Street Justice
- Absence of Empathy
- Riot Crackdown was Cack-handed
- UK Riots: An English Pantomime
- Baby Steps taken to reduce Child Mortality
- Look, America – That’s Real Democracy in the Making